Thursday 21 June 2012

3 acts 2 nights in London

Well I was back there last week and caught 3 acts:
Trevor Mires - Trombone lead quartet
I was really impressed especially with the tribute to Abram Wilson with a great solo trombone ending to 'sentimental mood'




Jonathon Gee - Piano trio
Larry Bartley - Bass
Ernesto Simpson - Drums

Thank you to the 606 for the introduction I am going to be keeping an eye out for Jonathons work.






Benet Mclean - Piano/Vocal quartet featuring Jason Yarde - Sax
Saleem Raman - Drums
Jonathon Harvey - Bass
Played an ecclectic mix however my favorite was Rogers and Hart - It never entered my mind, as you could really hear the emotion of the song and fullness of Benets voice.





As ever there are a few more shots on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/markbeirnesmith/



No comments:

Post a Comment